ADATA provides replacement or repair services to our customers for defective products within the applicable warranty period.
Limitations of warranty
Note ADATA is not responsible for providing free repairs if the product defect is caused by any of the following factors:
- Damage caused by natural calamity or any inappropriate usage.
- Product has been repaired or taken apart by unauthorized technicians.
- The warranty label is altered, damaged or missing.
- Product serial number does not conform to our original system or the label has been damaged.
- Products purchased from unauthorized agents. This limited warranty covers only repairs or replacements of ADATA products. ADATA is not liable for any loss of data or any cost incurred from determining the source of system problems, removing, servicing or installing ADATA products.
- The warranty ADATA provides for ADATA products (“products”) is limited to repair and inspection of in-warranty items, excluding data recovery and backup. ADATA shall not be liable for any damages and/or loss of data stored in products.
- ADATA shall in no event be liable for any defect, damage or data loss during the delivery of in-warranty products. Prior to claiming warranty service, ADATA recommends that customers backup and remove data from in-warranty products.
- In no event shall ADATA be liable under this statement for loss of profit, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, or indirect, incidental or consequential losses or damages to the extent that those losses or damages can be disclaimed by law.
- Since ADATA products are not designed for emergency services applications, ADATA does not recommend applying products in life support systems or other equipment which may lead to personal injury or death if such equipment is defective or has a breakdown, including but not limited to medical or medical-related equipment, military or military-related equipment, aircraft, traffic control equipment, disaster prevention systems, combustion control systems, and nuclear energy systems. ADATA shall not be liable for any personal injury or death or any loss or damages to property arising from such application.
- This warranty is solely and entirely for products and supersedes all other warranties and representations, whether in oral or written, between you and ADATA. ADATA makes no other warranties, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, whether expressly or implied.
- In the event that the law of a jurisdiction stipulates a maximum warranty period on products, ADATA will, in that jurisdiction, with respect to products, provide technical support and warranty service to local consumers in accordance with such stipulation.
- In the event that the law of a jurisdiction prohibits the exclusion of implied warranty, ADATA shall, in such jurisdictions, only be liable for the implied warranty on products during expressed ADATA warranty period.
Customer eligibility for warranty service
ADATA warranty policy applies to all customers who purchased ADATA products through authorized agents.
Duration of warranty
ADATA industrial products are covered by a three-year warranty.
- ADATA under no circumstance will be responsible for the information or data stored in ADATA products claimed by warranty. ADATA recommends customers back up data before sending products for warranty service.
- Some products may require the use of non-original replacement parts during maintenance and repair, and final repaired products may contain non-original components.
- In the event of a warranty request for a product that has been discontinued or is no longer serviced, ADATA will, at its discretion, offer a comparable substitute product instead of repairing the item under warranty.
- When customers are returning authorized products to ADATA, they are responsible for one way transportation cost and insurance. ADATA will cover one way transportation cost for those materials under warranty when returning them to customers. However, all location-specific costs such as customs are the liability of the customer.
For RMA needs, please contact your ADATA sales representative in order to process requests.